Welcome to Day Nine!
Yesterday we increased some of the items we were already doing last week, so today is about adding a few new ones into the mix.
Day Nine (Tuesday):
1. Out with gluten, processed sugars, sweeteners, alcohol and fizzy drinks
2. Meditate for 10 mins a day (do a guided meditation if you’re new to this)
3. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
4. Do 20 seconds of planking
5. Pick another drawer or cupboard to de-clutter, use the natural vinegar solution (mentioned in day two) as a cleaner rather than any toxic chemicals.
6. Note 20 things you are grateful for in your gratitude pad.
7. Increase the amount of steps or length of time you walk today by 5% from the previous day’s total.
8. Take a daily probiotic
9. Eat 7 fruit or vegetables a day (preferably raw for optimum nutrition)
10. Make sure you have breakfast within a hour of getting up and don’t skip meals, make sure to eat something (if only something little) every 3-4hrs.
11. Reduce your caffeine intake by 50%, or replace it with green tea.
12. Watch at least one inspirational or motivational video each day.
13. Have at least one smoothie or a juice every day (the choice is yours which one), but make sure it has some veggies in as well as fruit.
New for Day Nine:
14. Where possible try having sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes (they make yummy wedges and jackets). White potatoes are very high on the GI index, so they effect your blood sugar levels in a negative way and there’s limited goodness in them unless you eat the skins. However, sweet potatoes are full of nutrients and release energy to you slowly after eating them.
15. Try introducing fermented foods into your diet. These are extremely high in friendly bacteria and yeast, so they help you keep the bad ones at bay and balance the health and effectiveness of the digestive system. Fermented foods and drinks include kefir, kombucha, unpasteurised sauerkraut and other unpasteurised pickles and/or veggies. You can pick these up in any health food store or even consider making your own. Theses foods can help cure an endless list of health conditions and have a positive impact on many others.
16. Get off the bus a stop early or park your car at the wrong side of the car-park to your destination. This way you won’t really notice the increase in exercise each day.
So that’s it for Day Nine, see you on Day Ten!