So we have almost completed the 28 Day Challenge, well done to everyone that’s still with us. How have you found it?
So here’s Friday’s blog post for you to follow:
Day Twenty Six (Friday):
1. Out with gluten, processed sugars, sweeteners, alcohol and fizzy drinks.
2. Meditate for 20 mins a day (I advise a guided meditation if you’re new to this).
3. Drink at least 2.5 litres of water a day.
4. Do 40 seconds of planking.
5. Pick another drawer or cupboard to de-clutter, use the natural vinegar solution (mentioned in day two) as a cleaner rather than any toxic chemicals.
6. Note 25 things you are grateful for in your gratitude pad.
7. Increase the amount of steps or length of time you walk today by 5% from the previous day’s total.
8. Take a daily probiotic.
9. Eat 7 fruit or vegetables a day (preferably raw for optimum nutrition).
10. Make sure you have breakfast within a hour of getting up and don’t skip meals, make sure to eat something (if only something little) every 3-4hrs.
11. All caffeinated tea and coffee should be replaced with green tea, herbal teas or water.
12. Watch at least one inspirational or motivational video each day.
13. Have at least one smoothie or a juice every day (the choice is yours which one), but make sure it has some veggies in as well as fruit.
14. Where possible try having sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes (they make yummy wedges and jackets).
15. Try introducing fermented foods into your diet.
16. Get off the bus a stop early or park your car at the wrong side of the car-park to your destination.
17. Replace unhealthy transfat cooking oils with coconut oil.
18. Complete 20 minutes of yoga, pilates, tai-chi or Qi Gong routine to three days of your week.
19. Try not to say negative things about yourself, either out loud or in your own head. The way we talk to ourselves has a massive impact on our self image and self belief, so try to be kind and see what a difference it makes.
20. Introduce some superfoods into your daily diet. Items like blueberries, oily fish, spinach, pistachio nuts, peppers, quinoa, brown rice, avocados, garlic, goji berries, broccoli, lentils, apples, sweet potatoes, hemp seeds, chia seeds, watercress and oats are all super foods and should be included in your diet for optimum health.
21. If you are still treating yourself to the odd bit of chocolate please replace this with dark chocolate.
22. Consider switching one of your skin or hair care items to a natural alternative.
23. Try having 1 or 2 Epsom salt baths a week. Epsom salts are high in magnesium, which helps draw out toxins as well as aches and pains.
24. Start your day with fresh lemon, lime or warm ginger water (or a mixture of these).
25. Listen to least 15 mins of upbeat music a day.
26. Swap table salt for Himalayan salt.
27. Consider purchasing a Himalayan salt lamp or candle holders. These items made from Himalayan salt draw impurities, negatives and damp from the air around them.
28. Introduce some detoxifying herbal teas into your daily regime. These are bitter tasting teas like dandelion, nettle, wormwood or milk thistle.
29. Go organic with meat and dairy.
30. Take part in the 100happydays challenge. http://100happydays.com/
31. Take the adrenal fatigue questionnaire on Dr James Wilson’s adrenal fatigue website.http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/take-the-adrenal-fatigue-quiz
32. No more microwaving!
33. No more storing foods and drinks in plastic!
34. Watch this film about letting go of our ego: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qiFzj442U
35. Try making at least 25% of every meal raw.
36. Soak your nuts and seeds.
New for Day Twenty Six:
37. Get out in nature! Take a walk in nature, be that in your local park, in the woods or down by the beach. Just find somewhere to walk and really open your eyes to the beauty of nature. Feel it refreshing you and energizing you and then go on your way a little bit happier and lighter.
38. Replace toxic air-fresheners in your home with a natural DIY version. Simply find an small spray bottle, fill almost to the top with filtered water, add a few drops of vodka (you don’t need this if you’re likely to use it quickly, as it’s to stop it from going off) and then add about 30 drops of your favourite essential oils and shake. I use this around the house, in the car and also as a body spray. It needs to be shaken before each use otherwise the oils will sit on the surface. My favourite oils at the moment are grapefruit and orange as they are really refreshing and quite strong smelling.
That’s it for Day Twenty Six!
See you tomorrow =0)