Hello and welcome to the final blog post for the 28 Day Challenge!
How have you found the challenge? Easy, hard or have you just dipped in and out?
It’s been a great healthy start for 2014 for us all, hasn’t it?
So for the last two days of the challenge there aren’t any extra items to be added to your daily routine, you just need to continue with the below items:
Day’s 27 & 28 (Sat & Sun):
1. Out with gluten, processed sugars, sweeteners, alcohol, fizzy drinks and caffeine.
2. Meditate for 20 mins a day, do 10 mins of Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Pilates or Yoga and listen to 15 mins of upbeat music each day.
3. Drink at least 2.5 litres of water a day.
4. Do 40 seconds of planking.
5. In with fermented foods, super foods, Himalayan salt, sweet potatoes (instead of white potatoes), brown rice and quinoa (instead of white rice), coconut oil for cooking with and dark chocolate (instead of milk chocolate).
6. Note 25 things you are grateful for in your gratitude pad.
7. Start each day with a lemon, ginger or lime water (warm or cold) and have breakfast within one hour of waking up. Makes sure to eat every 3-4hrs thereafter.
8. Take a daily probiotic.
9. Eat 7 fruit or vegetables a day (preferably raw for optimum nutrition). Try to have about 25% of each meal raw, making sure to soak nuts and seeds prior to consumption.
10. Make sure you have breakfast within a hour of getting up and don’t skip meals, make sure to eat something (if only something little) every 3-4hrs.
11. Replace toxic home and skin care products with natural and, where possible, homemade alternatives.
12. Watch at least one inspirational or motivational video each day.
13. Have at least one smoothie or a juice every day (the choice is yours which one), but make sure it has some veggies in as well as fruit.
14. Get out in nature!
15. Try having 1 or 2 Epsom salt baths a week. Epsom salts are high in magnesium, which helps draw out toxins as well as aches and pains.
16. Get off the bus a stop early or park your car at the wrong side of the car-park to your destination.
17. Try not to say negative things about yourself, either out loud or in your own head. The way we talk to ourselves has a massive impact on our self image and self belief, so try to be kind and see what a difference it makes.
18. If you haven’t already then take the adrenal fatigue questionnaire on Dr James Wilson’s adrenal fatigue website.http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/take-the-adrenal-fatigue-quiz
So that’s it, the 28 Day Challenge almost complete!
Well done to everyone that’s taken part, I hope you’ve found it beneficial.
It’s advisable to try and pick at least a few of the above items to continue with, not to reintroduce all the naughty stuff back at once, but take your time.
It’s been great doing the 28 Day Challenge together, best of luck with ongoing health and happiness!
Watch this space for more blogs! =0)